PM Imran to perform ground-breaking of Mohmand Dam on Thursday
Addressing a news conference alongside Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Firdous Ashiq Awan on Tuesday, Vawda said work is also in progress on 29 different small water reservoirs related projects in Balochistan.
Moreover, Chairperson Senate Standing Committee on Information Faisal Javed also confirmed the groundbreaking of Mohmand dam, thanking all the donors, who contributed to this great cause.
Prime Minister Imran Khan to perform the ground-breaking of Mohmand Dam on 2nd May 2019 insh'ALLAH #WaterForLife #Dams #PakistanZindabad Special thanks to all the Donars who are contributing for this great cause Masha'ALLAH #Prayers— Faisal Javed Khan (@FaisalJavedKhan) April 30, 2019
The groundbreaking of the Dam was expected to happen in January by Prime Minister Imran Khan and then chief justice Mian Saqib Nisar, however, it was postponed.
Diamir Bhasha, Mohmand dams' Fund receives Rs10.36 billion: SBP
The Prime Minister and Chief Justice of Pakistan Diamer Bhasha and Mohmand Dam Fund has so far received Rs10.36 billion.
The countrywide contribution to the fund stood at Rs8.826 billion while the
remaining Rs1.53 billion were contributed by the expatriate Pakistanis,
according to an update issued by the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP).
Pakistanis living in USA remained the top among the foreign countries who donated Rs545.314 million followed by UK from where a sum of Rs370.74 million had been transferred to the dams fund so far.
Similarly, the fund also received Rs144.38 million through the SMS service of various cellular companies in Pakistan.
According to details issued by the SBP, the top ten institutional donors include
Employees of government of Punjab with contribution of Rs1.09 billion, Pak Army Rs582.071 million, HQ CWO SPD Rs201.093 million, Bahria Town, Rs110.12 million and PAF with Rs100.28 million.
Meanwhile, the SBP in a circular directed the banks not to charge any service fee including interchange fee, merchant discount rate, transaction fee etc on the donations/payments made to the dam fund through payment cards (debit, credit or prepaid cards).
The Chief Justice of Supreme Court of Pakistan established a Supreme Court of Pakistan Diamer Bhasha and Mohmand Dams Fund on July 10, 2018 to raise funds for the construction of Diamer Bhasha and Mohmand Dams.
The Court supervises the Fund and its Registrar operates its account directly. Later, the Prime Minister of Pakistan announced to join efforts with the Chief Justice of Pakistan for this cause. Accordingly, the fund was renamed as “Prime Minister and Chief Justice of Pakistan Fund for Diamer Bhasha and Mohmand Dam.
- Saudi Arabia pumps $3 billion into SBP reserves to support Pakistan ...12:20 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Indian Muslim teacher sacked for ‘celebrating’ Pakistan’s ...11:05 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Samsung Electronics kicks off ‘Samsung Week’ with exceptional ...10:42 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- PAKvNZ: Asif, Malik guide Pakistan to seal 5-wicket victory against ...10:15 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Shaista Lodhi all set to become the new face of PTV's morning show04:59 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Faysal Quraishi turns 4804:29 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Minal Khan shares glimpses of her Nathia Gali trip with Ahsan Mohsin ...06:00 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021