These Pakistani movies are to be screened at SAIFF, USA
WASHINGTON DC - Pakistan's two most celebrated films Baaji and Laal Kabootar would be screened at the 8th Annual South Asian International Film Festival (SAIFF) to be held on September 21, 2019, at Washington DC.
The SAIFF is the 'Largest' film premiere destination for South Asian filmmakers in the United States. The event will be showcasing numerous films from South Asia including Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India and Nepal.
With a focus on dynamic, visionary cinema, SAIFF annually creates unprecedented exposure for filmmakers and unparalleled experiences for its attendees.
Laal Kabootar is a 2019 Pakistan Action thriller film produced by Hania Cheema and Kamil Cheema and written by Ali Abbas Naqvi. Taha Malik is the music director while Danial Hyatt, son of Rohail Hyatt, provides the background score.
The film features Ahmed Ali Akbar, Mansha Pasha, Rashid Farooqui, Raza Gillani, Syed Mohammad Ahmed, Ali Kazmi and many others. The film was released on 22 March 2019.
Baaji is a 2019 Pakistan romantic drama film, directed by Saqib Malik and produced by his Production company Page 33 Films.
The film features Meera, Osman Khalid Butt, Amna Ilyas, Mohsin Abbas Haider, Ali Kazmi as Rammy, Nayyar Ejaz and Nisho in pivotal roles.
It is a dramatic tale of a fading Lollywood actress Shameera (Meera), who is not accepting that now her position in the industry is not much valuable.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Coronavirus — Public sector schools opened in KP11:45 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020