Kaabil, Raees set to screen in Pakistan from Feb 3
The Information Ministry sent a summary to PM Nawaz in this regard, and this was subsequently approved by him. The development came after the committee formed by the premier recommended to exhibit Indian films in Pakistan.
"Hrithik Roshan-starrer Kaabil has yet not received a No Objection Certificate," reported Dunya News on Monday.
Cinemas in Pakistan will resume screening Indian movies nearly four months after imposing a ban on films from across the border over military tensions.
The suspension of Indian screenings came after Bollywood producers banned Pakistani artists including Mahira Khan and Fawad Khan in Indian films. Financial considerations also motivated the lifting of the ban as cinema owners made losses.
The Film Exhibitors Association of Pakistan imposed a ban on the screening of Indian movies in Pakistani cinemas following an escalation of tensions with India over the latter’s unprovoked ceasefire violation along the Line of Control.
Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority also forced a ban on Indian TV channels and entertainment programmes aired in Pakistan.
- Jailed Kashmiri Hurriyat leader Ashraf Sehrai dies in Indian custody05:05 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman nominated for ICC Men's Player of the month04:14 PM | 5 May, 2021
- PMD reveals date for Eidul Fitr in Pakistan03:14 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Serial rapist who assaulted 20 victims including a lady cop held in ...02:59 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Eshal Fayyaz gets candid about her marriage rumours with ...01:47 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Deepika Padukone, family test positive as India’s coronavirus surge ...10:54 AM | 5 May, 2021