Grenade attack killed at least two at mosque in southern Philippines
According to the local police, a grenade was lobbed into a mosque in a mosque before dawn, killing two Muslim religious leaders. The victims were reportedly sleeping inside the mosque at the time of the attack.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.
The attack, in the city of Zamboanga, occurred three days after deadly twin blasts at a church on a nearby island, Jolo, killing at least 20 people and wounding more than 100 in the attack.
The police said it was too soon to identify a motive for the attack, adding that the attack can possibly be retaliation for the Jolo bombing, but they also cautioned against speculation.
At least 20 killed, 77 injured as twin bombs hit ... 10:06 AM | 27 Jan, 2019
MANILA — At least 20 people were killed and more than 75 got injured after two bombs exploded outside a Roman ...
The southern Philippines has a Muslim majority, which has long been plagued by insurgencies.
The Islamic State (IS) has claimed responsibility for the church attack in Jolo, which it said was carried out by suicide bombers.
- Pakistan’s top judge terms Article 62-1(f) as ‘draconian law’12:54 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Yamaha increases motorbike prices by up to Rs15,500 (Check new rates ...12:22 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan Army Chief to receive enhanced honour cordon at Pentagon ...11:58 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Policy commitments made by Pakistan to get bailout package continue ...11:32 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Asim Azhar to release mashup of two songs with young fan Arshman11:49 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022