European Parliament approves Brexit agreement with London
BRUSSELS - European Parliament has overwhelmingly approved the Brexit deal with London, clearing the final hurdle for Britain's departure from the bloc.
The vote at the parliament in Brussels, which came after an emotional debate, was passed by 621 to 49.
Britain will leave European Union on Friday but existing ties will continue during a transition period lasting until end of the year to allow both sides to negotiate a new partnership, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Meanwhile, the British government introduced legislation to end the automatic right of European Union boats to fish in its waters, although they could be allowed back under a post-Brexit trade deal.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020