European Parliament approves Brexit agreement with London
BRUSSELS - European Parliament has overwhelmingly approved the Brexit deal with London, clearing the final hurdle for Britain's departure from the bloc.
The vote at the parliament in Brussels, which came after an emotional debate, was passed by 621 to 49.
Britain will leave European Union on Friday but existing ties will continue during a transition period lasting until end of the year to allow both sides to negotiate a new partnership, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Meanwhile, the British government introduced legislation to end the automatic right of European Union boats to fish in its waters, although they could be allowed back under a post-Brexit trade deal.
- Syed Ali Gilani: India 'conspiring to let Kashmiri leader die' during ...11:54 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- 'Thank You': Afghan minister acknowledges Pakistan's 40 years of ...11:43 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Refugee Conference: UN ready to participate in Afghan reconciliation ...11:30 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- LHC summons DG Rescue-1122 over plea challenging his reappointment10:48 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- UN resolutions on Kashmir need implementation, UNSG Guterres tells ...09:39 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019