Wasim Akram is proud of Shaniera's successful campaign for a clean beach
Around five months ago, Shaniera Akram shared the nasty medical waste that had been dumped at Karachi's Sea View beach and since then she had joined forces with many to take action.
"Our beach is a bio-hazard zone and needs to be shut down immediately. I am so sorry to the people including myself who use and love our beach but this is beyond safe," she had previously said.
Many volunteers and the Sindh Government then came together to clean up the beach. And while it looked like a gruelling task, they have managed to get rid of all the waste.
Husband Wasim Akram took to Twitter to laud the efforts and share the happy news that Clifton beach is finally clean.
He attached his video with a note saying, "Thanks to Shaniera for initiating this needful campaign and to all government officials and massive thank you to workers who come there every morning to make it look the way it is now."
"This could be anywhere in the world. It's a beautiful beach, it's a clean beach. Credit to all of the people who have been involved," said Akram.
"This is proof that if we all unite and make a resolution, be it as a neighbourhood or as a nation, we can achieve it. So well done Karachi, we got a clean beach."
A very delighted Shaniera shared the post adding, "I’m so proud!! What a city we have!"
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- One boy died, another badly hurt due to dogs biting02:25 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Zaheer Abbas looks like Money Heist‘s 'Professor’, says Mehwish ...02:24 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020