Third nationwide anti-polio drive begins today
A nationwide anti-polio drive of varied duration begins across Pakistan today.
“The Government is committed to make Pakistan Polio free. We are determined to close the immunity gap in children which had unfortunately widened because of the disruption of essential services due to COVID-19 pandemic. Ensuring timely and repeated vaccination of children is critical for us to reduce the immunity gap and protect them against polio. I, therefore, urge all parents and caregivers to ensure polio vaccination to their children during the campaign as well as in routine,” said Dr Faisal Sultan, the Special Assistant to the Prime Minister, National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination.
According to the Pakistan Polio Eradication Program, over 39 million children under the age of 5 years will be administered anti-polio vaccine drops across the country.
It said 285,000 polio teams have been constituted for this drive.
The parents have been appealed to contact Health Protection Helpline 1166 or message to Polio WhatsApp 03467776546 for any query in this regard.
- PM Imran to seek fresh vote of confidence from parliament11:40 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6 – Quetta Gladiators beat Multan Sultans by 22 runs11:05 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Here are complete unofficial results of Senate Election 202109:53 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6 – Peshawar Zalmi fined for slow over-rate in match against ...09:15 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PM Imran Khan’s vote for Senate polls was also rejected?09:04 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Nauheed Cyrusi recreates Piya Basanti as the famous track turns 2007:00 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Birthday girl Shraddha Kapoor shows her dance moves at beach party06:13 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu face raids over 'tax evasion'05:14 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021