Twitter may expand its 140-character Tweet limit
Re/Code has it on good authority that Twitter is set to roll out a “new product” to allow for longer tweets.
That phrasing is interesting, as it indicates that Twitter won’t be completely ditching the current limit, but is also taking steps to deal with a feature that some instead view as a shortcoming.
How Twitter plans to implement whatever this new product is going to be important – the 140-character limit is part of Twitter’s identity. Taking an idea or thought, especially a complex one, and compressing it into what amounts to less than the blurbs some film posters get has become something of an art, and it would be a shame to lose that.
- Psychologist commits suicide after killing daughter in Multan06:40 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- #TECNOPhotoWalk captures the magnificence of Islamabad through the ...06:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan seeks to block US-based website of minority Ahmadis05:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- SBP keeps policy rate unchanged, predicts inflation hike04:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- 5 killed in blaze at Indian producer of COVID-19 vaccine04:43 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistanis plan an ‘Urdu Mushaira’ outside Islamabad café as ...03:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- 'Proud to be Urdu-medium!' Karachi café challenges language ...03:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021