2nd ODI Karachi: Pakistan defeat Sri Lanka by 67 runs
KARACHI – Pakistan humbled Sri Lanka by 67 runs in the second game of the three matches ODI series at National Stadium on Monday.
After having won the toss, Pakistan set 306 runs target against Sri Lanka as Babar Azam scored 115 runs while Opener Fakhar Zaman contributed 54 to take the score to 305 in fifty overs with a loss of seven wickets.
On the other hand, Wanindu Hasaranga took two wickets while Udana and Kumara sent one batsman to pavilion each.
In response, the visiting XI got bowled out in the 47th over; Sri Lanka's team managed to score 238 runs.
For Pakistan, Usman Khan Shinwari took five wickets for 51 runs while Shadab took 2.
Shehan Jayasuria scored 96 while Dasun Shanaka contributed 68.
On Friday, the first match between the two teams was called off due to rain without a ball being bowled, making the series virtually a two-match encounter.
The visiting side is without their ten main players in the series, but Ratnayake feels that this factor doesn’t make the visitors any less important team and the players know what is expected from them.
Pakistan, on the other hand, will look forward to continuing its good run against Sri Lanka in white-ball cricket.
The weather for Monday is forecast to be dry and bright. The match is scheduled to start at 3pm.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019