2nd ODI Karachi: Pakistan defeat Sri Lanka by 67 runs
KARACHI – Pakistan humbled Sri Lanka by 67 runs in the second game of the three matches ODI series at National Stadium on Monday.
After having won the toss, Pakistan set 306 runs target against Sri Lanka as Babar Azam scored 115 runs while Opener Fakhar Zaman contributed 54 to take the score to 305 in fifty overs with a loss of seven wickets.
On the other hand, Wanindu Hasaranga took two wickets while Udana and Kumara sent one batsman to pavilion each.
In response, the visiting XI got bowled out in the 47th over; Sri Lanka's team managed to score 238 runs.
For Pakistan, Usman Khan Shinwari took five wickets for 51 runs while Shadab took 2.
Shehan Jayasuria scored 96 while Dasun Shanaka contributed 68.
On Friday, the first match between the two teams was called off due to rain without a ball being bowled, making the series virtually a two-match encounter.
The visiting side is without their ten main players in the series, but Ratnayake feels that this factor doesn’t make the visitors any less important team and the players know what is expected from them.
Pakistan, on the other hand, will look forward to continuing its good run against Sri Lanka in white-ball cricket.
The weather for Monday is forecast to be dry and bright. The match is scheduled to start at 3pm.
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 255,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,365 confirmed ...08:48 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020