Mehwish Hayat clarifies her stance on Kashmir issue
LAHORE - Acclaimed Pakistani star Mehwish Hayat took to Twitter to clear the air regarding a leaked video about Kashmir that caused an uproar on social media.
In the video, the Load Wedding movie star refused to speak on the ongoing Kashmir issue despite repeated requests by the reporter, saying that “mana kar diya hai” (I've been refused to speak).
Fans, of course, did not hold back and lashed out at the actress for being inconsiderate, however, the 'Load Wedding' star tweeted out explaining that her PR did not consider the charity event to be an appropriate place to discuss political matters.
Mehwish then assured fans that she has major plans for this sensitive issue.
The leaked video is being taken out of context. I’ve been the most vocal on #Kashmir issue globally & will continue to do so. I have big plans for next steps. This was a charity event & was requested by the PR not to be political ¬ distract from the orphans I was there to help— Mehwish Hayat TI (@MehwishHayat) September 29, 2019
"The leaked video is being taken out of context. I’ve been the most vocal on #Kashmir issue globally & will continue to do so. I have big plans for the next steps. This was a charity event & was requested by the PR not to be political & not distract from the orphans I was there to help," stated the Challawa starlet.
Mehwish Hayat amongst top five Muslim women who ... 12:28 PM | 28 Aug, 2019
LAHORE - Earlier this month, Pakistani TV star Mehwish Hayat received the Pride of Performance in Norway. This was ...
Several celebrities and media officials have also responded to Mehwish Hayat's tweet:
It’s a dream of every Pakistani Artist to work in Bollywood but recently Mehwish Hayat proved by criticising Indian Policies that she loves her Country more than her Career... We all know she has always been vocal about Kashmir and Indian policies 👍 https://t.co/QsXlVsxerp— Iqrar ul Hassan Syed (@iqrarulhassan) September 29, 2019
Leave Mehwish Hayat alone. Stop taking bits from videos & ascribing your own meanings. This obsession with sensationalism..— Mehr Tarar (@MehrTarar) September 29, 2019
Try to be rational once in a while, it doesn't hurt: if Mehwish had been asked by God-knows-who to not talk about Kashmir, would she reveal that on camera?
The way you articulated the human rights violation in Kashmir and passionately promoted pakistan and the way it was reported in the international media, makes me a proud Pakistani. As Colleagues we are behind you. You don’t have to give clarifications for any leaked video https://t.co/gljW5ZDqJn— Shehzad Roy (@ShehzadRoy) September 29, 2019
What is your say on this? Let us know in the comments box.
- Pakistan summons envoy as India opens unprovoked fire at LoC10:51 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Pakistani forces foil terror bid in Bajaur09:25 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- President Alvi watches PAKvBAN T20I at Gaddafi09:22 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Kashmiris set to observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day07:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Iran to host technology investors from 8 countries including Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019