Mehwish Hayat clarifies her stance on Kashmir issue
LAHORE - Acclaimed Pakistani star Mehwish Hayat took to Twitter to clear the air regarding a leaked video about Kashmir that caused an uproar on social media.
In the video, the Load Wedding movie star refused to speak on the ongoing Kashmir issue despite repeated requests by the reporter, saying that “mana kar diya hai” (I've been refused to speak).
Fans, of course, did not hold back and lashed out at the actress for being inconsiderate, however, the 'Load Wedding' star tweeted out explaining that her PR did not consider the charity event to be an appropriate place to discuss political matters.
Mehwish then assured fans that she has major plans for this sensitive issue.
The leaked video is being taken out of context. I’ve been the most vocal on #Kashmir issue globally & will continue to do so. I have big plans for next steps. This was a charity event & was requested by the PR not to be political ¬ distract from the orphans I was there to help— Mehwish Hayat TI (@MehwishHayat) September 29, 2019
"The leaked video is being taken out of context. I’ve been the most vocal on #Kashmir issue globally & will continue to do so. I have big plans for the next steps. This was a charity event & was requested by the PR not to be political & not distract from the orphans I was there to help," stated the Challawa starlet.
Several celebrities and media officials have also responded to Mehwish Hayat's tweet:
It’s a dream of every Pakistani Artist to work in Bollywood but recently Mehwish Hayat proved by criticising Indian Policies that she loves her Country more than her Career... We all know she has always been vocal about Kashmir and Indian policies 👍 https://t.co/QsXlVsxerp— Iqrar ul Hassan Syed (@iqrarulhassan) September 29, 2019
Leave Mehwish Hayat alone. Stop taking bits from videos & ascribing your own meanings. This obsession with sensationalism..— Mehr Tarar (@MehrTarar) September 29, 2019
Try to be rational once in a while, it doesn't hurt: if Mehwish had been asked by God-knows-who to not talk about Kashmir, would she reveal that on camera?
The way you articulated the human rights violation in Kashmir and passionately promoted pakistan and the way it was reported in the international media, makes me a proud Pakistani. As Colleagues we are behind you. You don’t have to give clarifications for any leaked video https://t.co/gljW5ZDqJn— Shehzad Roy (@ShehzadRoy) September 29, 2019
What is your say on this? Let us know in the comments box.
- China expresses pleasure over Pakistan’s approval of ML-1 project11:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pillion riding banned in Sindh on Muharram 9, 1011:14 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020