British MP demands legal proceedings against Altaf Hussain
In a letter written to Britian Home secretary, the Labour Party's MP criticized the British government for not taking swift actions against Altaf Hussain for provoking his party workers to carry out violent activities in Pakistan.
“He has made 7 inflammatory speeches,” Ms Qureshi said in her letter.
“Altaf Hussain incited his party workers to resort to violence,” she added.
Qureshi further asserted that the speech was a direct violation of British laws. “Why there is no legal action against Altaf Hussain,” she asked.
The MP also raised concerns against the British police for not investigating the Altaf Hussain's provocative speeches that galvanized the MQM workers to vandalize the properties of TV stations in Pakistan's biggest city, Karachi.
- China terms Australia-UK-US alliance ‘extremely irresponsible’, ...11:25 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- ‘Inspiration 4’ – First all-civilian spaceflight launches into ...10:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UN high commissioner for refugees calls on Pakistan Army chief09:45 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- FO reacts to US State Secretary Blinken’s remarks about ...08:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021