PML-N techies convert official Twitter handle of Punjab govt to party's name
The Government of Punjab had three official accounts on Twitter:
1. Punjab Government (2013-18) – @GovtOfPunjab (verified)
2. Government of the Punjab – @PunjabGovtpk (interim)
3. PunjabGovtOfficial – @punjabgovt_ (new)
However, the former ruling party initially refused to hand over the credentials to PTI, and now took an extra mile by altogether converting the official handle to PML-N's one.
Imran Ghazali, who headed the digital media campaign of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf in 2013, expressed his dismay on Twitter over the development and also elaborated that another account with the same handle as the previous one @GovtofPunjab was created which would start garnering followers from scratch.
UPDATE: The PMLN Social Media Wing who had hijacked official govt of Punjab account has now changed the handle of official @govtofPunjab account to a PMLN account and recreated a new account with the same handle @GovtOfPunjab - open thugism & stealing of property/asset of govt.— Imran Ghazali (@ImranGhazaliPK) August 30, 2018
The account had 226K followers when former Chief Minister Punjab Shehbaz Sharif just completed his stint, however, the newly created accounts has 61 followers currently, in a major waste of digital resources and sponsored campaigns launched by the previous government.
Ghazali was the one who had claimed that the former ruling regime was not passing over the credentials of the accounts to their successors, apparently due to the political rivalry that rose to a crescendo before the General Elections.
PML-N hijacks Govt of Punjab social media ... 11:44 PM | 23 Aug, 2018
LAHORE - Taking over the official social media accounts of the Government of Punjab has become another bone of ...
Traditionally, the official accounts cannot be converted to the accounts of any party and the username/passwords are to be handed over to the next ruling elite for smooth flow of information, however, this has not been done.
The Directorate General of Public Relations (Punjab) looks after all social media accounts of Govt of Punjab.
- IHC directs authorities to increase sentence of child pornography ...09:52 AM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan sees second-highest daily Covid caseload as positivity ...09:28 AM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 23 January 202208:41 AM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan announces free booster dose for people travelling abroad11:57 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Tu Jhoom – Daler Mehndi all praise for Naseebo Lal07:15 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Ali Zafar rocks the stage at Dubai Expo 202006:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Usman Mukhtar opens up about his equation with Naimal Khawar05:25 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021