PAKvWI – Pakistan beat West Indies by seven runs in 2nd T20I
PROVIDENCE – Pakistan beat West Indies by seven runs in the second match of the four-match T20 International cricket series in Providence on Saturday.
Chasing the 157-run target set by Pakistan, the West Indies team collapsed at 150/4 runs in 20 overs. Nicholas Pooran scored 62 runs not out in 33 balls, Evin Lewis 35 runs in 33 balls and Shimron Hetmyer scored 17 runs in 18 balls.
Pakistan’s Mohammad Hafeez took one wicket and conceded six runs in four overs. Mohammad Wasim got one wicket for 32 runs in three overs and Hassan Ali got one wicket and conceded 32 runs in four overs.
Earlier, with an impressive performance by skipper Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan, Pakistan posted a reasonable target of 157/8 for West Indies in second T20I match against West Indies in Providence on Saturday.
Sharjeel Khan and Rizwan took a good start but the former could not go long as he was removed by Jason Holder at 20 runs.
Later, Babar Azam (51) and Rizwan’s (46) partnership kept the score board ticking with thrilling boundaries. Fakhar Zaman made 15 runs while Mohammad Hafeez could score only 6 runs.
The match was also interrupted by rain for a brief period.
Earlier, the host team won the toss and decided to bowl first.
Both sides are set for the final three matches at the Providence Stadium as it will be another restart to what is the final dress rehearsal for the Men in Maroon as one unit before they defend their World T20 title in the UAE and Oman.
Reports cited that hosts are forced to make a change to the playing XI as top-order batsman Lendl Simmons had to retire hurt after taking a dangerous blow to the back of his neck in the first fixture against green shirts.
However, the visitors are not expected to make any changes to their line-up as Hasan Ali and company are in form to hit their straps once again.
With the series now virtually a three-match contest, a win for either side in today’s game will give the team the upper hand, with the West Indies hoping they can turn around their fortunes against Pakistan.
PAKvWI – First T20I between Pakistan, West ... 09:45 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
BARBADOS – The first play of the four-match T20I series between Pakistan and West Indies was cancelled due to ...
Pakistan: Babar Azam (captain), Shadab Khan (vice-captain), Mohammad Hafeez, Fakhar Zaman, Sharjeel Khan, Haris Rauf, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Mohammad Wasim, Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk), Shaheen Shah Afridi, Azam Khan, Arshad Iqbal, Sohaib Maqsood, Usman Qadir, Haider Ali
West Indies: Kieron Pollard (captain), Nicholas Pooran (wk), Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, Andre Fletcher, Jason Holder, Andre Russell, Lendl Simmons, Fabian Allen, Sheldon Cottrel, Fidel Edwards, Shimron Hetmyer, Akeal Hosein, Evin Lewis, Obed McCoy, Oshane Thomas, Hayden Walsh Jr.
- ‘Reach Every Door’ Covid vaccination drive begins in Punjab today11:24 AM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran to address Riyadh conference to promote trade, investment in ...10:59 AM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Celebrations in occupied Kashmir as Pakistan break India jinx in ...10:26 AM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan frees 350 TLP activists after ‘partially successful ...09:55 AM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:32 AM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari reacts to his shirtless viral video01:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021