World Cup 2019 Opening Ceremony: Malala represents Pakistan in 60-second challenge
Speaking to the ICC CWC team, she said, "I do follow cricket, it's my favourite sport. I grew up with cricket in Pakistan; playing on our streets, on our rooftops, playing it with my brother. It was part of my childhood and I still try to play it in university - I've joined the women's team. What's incredible about this sport is how it brings together people from different backgrounds and different cultures and it's enjoyable it's a fun sport."
But when asked to name her favourite player Yousafzai said, "I cant pick one, [there's] Hasan Ali, Shadab, many more. I'm a big fan of the Pakistani bowlers, they're incredible I wish good luck to every player out there."
She got to play some cricket.
Sharing her thoughts over Pakistan maintaining seventh place with 38 points during the ODI games, Malala trolled the Indian team saying that in comparison, they scored the last position with only 19 points. “Pakistan, we were okay, not too bad, came number 7 but India came last!” The crowd erupted into laughter after her comment.
Cheeky and spot on as always @Malala! How I love this girl👌😂— Sehr Pirzada (@SehrPirzada) May 30, 2019
"Pakistan we were ok, not too bad-came No 7 but India came last so I think for Pakistan that's what....but India played really well"
🏏#WorldCup2019 #Pakistan #CWC19 #WeHaveWeWill pic.twitter.com/BuP465pSSv
Malala further added that cricket is a sport that brings everyone together.
And she also got to meet Bollywood star Farhan Akhtar!
Have more to add to the story?Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Nadal downs Djokovic to clinch record-extending 10th Italian Open ...11:50 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistanis above 30 asked to get vaccinated as soon as possible11:29 PM | 16 May, 2021
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Bollywood's Hina Khan wears Pakistani designer on Eid-ul-Fitr02:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021