Punjab announces new strategy for stores, deserving families amid lockdown against COVID-19
LAHORE – The Punjab governmnet has announced new strategy for shops and deserving families amid the ongoing lockdown to control the effects of coronavirus in the province.
The Punjab government has decided to close shops by 5pm and earmarked 10 billion rupees for the financial assistance of 2.5 needy families across the province, adding that a grant of 14 billion rupees has also been released for the health department.
Addressing a press conference in Lahore on Tuesday, the Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar said that each deserving family will be paid 4,000 rupees monthly in a transparent and fool proof manner.
He said that financial assistance will be provided by the SMS service and the beneficiary can take money from by merely showing his identity cards.
Regarding the shops and markets, timings were changed to 9-5pm from today (April 1), however, timing of medical stores and pharmacies remains unchanged.
The Punjab chief minister also ordered to release all the persons who were arrested due to the violation of the section 144.
- NASA, SpaceX launch astronauts to orbit from America in historic test ...06:59 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another doctor succumbs to coronavirus in Khyber Pakhktunkhwa06:47 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another Pakistani lawmaker tests positive for coronavirus06:43 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan, WB to ink $188 mln disaster resilience pact06:39 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Indian siege of Occupied Kashmir completes 300 days06:10 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020