Pakistani court clears Russia's Sputnik-V vaccine for sale
KARACHI – The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Thursday granted permission to a private company that has imported Russia's Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine to start selling its doses.
The ruling was issued during the hearing of a petition filed by the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) against the sale of the Russian vaccine due to issues related to its price.
A counsel for the importer informed the court that the government had fixed the prices of vaccines after his client received doses from Russia, therefore, the rate does not applicable to the company.
The SHC remarked that every stakeholder should be taken on board in the fight against the prevailing pandemic.
The court added that the stopping the sale of the vaccine at this stage when country is facing third wave of the pandemic is not suitable.
The high court said that it will continue to hear the case despite allowing the company for sale of the vaccine.
The company had demanded the government to fix the price of two doses of the Sputnik V vaccine at Rs12,268 after it was fixed at Rs8450 by the officials.
A day earlier, the government of Pakistan was ordered by the SHC to fix the price of the Russian vaccine within the next seven days.
Minors hit hard by UK Covid variant as at least ... 10:33 AM | 1 Apr, 2021
LAHORE – At least 20,000 children in Punjab have contracted the British-variant of Covid-19 during the last three ...
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 02 December 202210:36 AM | 2 Dec, 2022
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Germany crashed out as Japan and Spain progress ...09:08 AM | 2 Dec, 2022
- PM Shehbaz urges world community to tackle climate change08:34 AM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Platinum Homes, Remounts win in Corps Commander Polo Cup11:59 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan spotted performing Umrah08:31 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- 'Don't boycott hard work of 300 people,' Farhan Saeed tells people ...11:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals in latest video07:38 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022