Babar Azam surpasses Imran Khan as highest scorer against Australia
LAHORE – Pakistan skipper Babar Azam’s power-packed 114-run innings helped team win second ODI against Australian at Gaddfi Stadium Lahore.
On Tuesday, Pakistan hit back with a vengeance when they recorded their highest successful ODI run-chase of 349 to defeat Australia by six wickets to level the three-match ODI series.
With his brilliant performance, Babar Azam surpassed former captain and Prime Minister Imran Khan by making highest score against Australia.
In 1990, PM Imran Khan, while playing against Australia at Brisbane, had made 82 runs, a highest score by any Pakistani player against Aussies until Babar surpassed it yesterday.
Babar Azam, who is also the world’s number one ODI batter, has become the fastest Asian to score 4,000 ODI runs.
Babar, who amassed the milestone in 82 innings, fell one short of former Proteas star Hashim Amla’s 81.
PAKvAUS – Imam's ton in vain as Australia beat ... 10:40 PM | 29 Mar, 2022
LAHORE – Pakistan lost first ODI of the bilateral cricket series to guests Australia while chasing a 314-run ...
- Tiger Shroff addresses Disha Patani breakup rumours11:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani movie wins award at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne10:51 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Seven Pakistan Air Force officers made Air Vice Marshal10:32 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nauman Ijaz shows PDA for wife on her birthday09:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022