Violence killed 1,332 Iraqis in July only: United Nations
The UN mission in Iraq said that 844 civilian citizen and 488 security officials were among the casualties this month. Most of the personnel were killed while fighting anti-government forces, it added.
Earlier in June this year, at least 1,466 people were killed and 1,687 were wounded.
United States led forces ended the war in 2009 but the country suffers from sectarian violence and rise of Islamic State militias since then.
- Pakistan’s Arshad Nadeem wins javelin gold with career best throw ...11:06 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- British investigators launch probe into 'misuse' of charity funds by ...10:24 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan slams Indian ludicrous comments against OIC’s remarks on ...09:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Interior Minister says ‘performers giving Islamic touch now in need ...08:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Sakina Samo's directorial debut to hit cinemas later this month03:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani’s new bold photos break the internet03:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022