India to install ‘smart fence’ on Pakistan, Bangladesh borders
Indian Border Security Chief K K Sharma said that they are waiting for sanctions from the home ministry to implement a Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System, which would shift surveillance of the border from regular troop monitoring to an automated system. Troops would strike as soon as they view infiltration on their system.
Some 20 firms are undertaking a technical evaluation of the border. However, India has chosen to take help from technology from Israel, K K Sharma said. “In this regard, few pilot projects are already on ... two in Jammu and one each in Punjab and Gujarat where we have marshy areas. One project will be done in Assam’s Dhubri,” the director general said, Indian media reported.
- California variant of COVID-19 found in Pakistani patients12:05 AM | 22 Oct, 2021
- TLP announces long march towards Islamabad tomorrow11:33 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- PU’s Digital Media Dept offers admissions to four-year programme10:37 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan to provide Rs5 billion in humanitarian assistance to ...09:31 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- PAKvIND: Sanjay Dutt lands in Dubai for high-octane T20 World Cup ...06:05 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- 'Begum Shak Karti Hey' – Saba Qamar and Abrar Ul Haq share teaser ...02:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen wins hearts as she recites Qaseeda Burda Shareef02:32 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021