"Islamization starts with a kebab," European country's parliament passes Islamophobic bill
In a weird manner, chairman of the Slovak National Party (SNS), Andrej Danko linked Islam with 'Kebab' as well.
'Islamization starts with a kebab and it's already under way in Bratislava, let's realise what we can face in five to 10 years,' he said.
'We must do everything we can so that no mosque is built in the future,' the politician was quoted as adding.
The legislation passed on Wednesday was sponsored by the Slovak National Party (SNS) and it has doubled the required number of a religion's followers for it to qualify for state subsidies and manage its own schools.
At least 50,000 members, against the previous 20,000, would now serve as a threshold for gaining official status as a religion and mainly Muslims would be hurt by that.
Currently, 62 percent of Slovakia's 5.4 million population are declared Roman Catholics.
According to the last census, Slovakia had a mere 2000 Muslims and so they did not have any mosque for performing religious duties whereas the Islamic Foundation in Slovakia gives the number of Muslims as 5000.
- Pakistan's President House certified as world’s first presidency to ...10:26 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- BISE Lahore to announce matric results today09:58 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports drop in COVID cases with 893 new infections09:37 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:13 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Petrol price crosses Rs137 per litre as govt announces new rates08:55 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021