Man behind 'Don’t go General Raheel Sharif' campaign commits suicide
“Don’t go, General Raheel Sharif,” his campaign banner read.
However, as Gen Raheel completed his tenure on November 29, Latif consumed poison as he was heartbroken over the general’s departure.
It is relevant to mention that many civil society groups sought extension in the tenure of former military head General Raheel Sharif but Gen Raheel retired as was promised by him.
Another political group 'Move On Pakistan' actually displayed banners in multiple cities urging General Raheel not to leave a few months back.
- Pakistan’s Skardu Airport opens for international flights tomorrow05:48 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Saudi Arabia sees Gulf’s first confirmed Omicron case05:36 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer pleads being ‘mentally ill’04:38 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Saba Qamar and Fahad Mustafa stun fans with sizzling performance in ...04:13 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani model apologises over photoshoot at Kartarpur gurdwara09:53 PM | 30 Nov, 2021