Facebook meets PTA to discuss social media rules
LAHORE - A delegation from Facebook on Monday held a virtual meeting with the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) to discuss the Citizens Protection (Against Online Harm) Rules 2020.
The proposed recommendations as part of an ongoing consultation process also came under discussions, says a press release issued here on Wednesday.
In the meeting, Facebook representatives highlighted that the rules should: strive for greater transparency on content restricted in Pakistan; preserve citizens’ right to freedom of expression as guaranteed under Pakistan's Constitution; incorporate due process requirements; and develop an independent oversight mechanism as required by PECA.
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PTI govt to lose another finance minister today08:08 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021