Pakistan temporarily bans online game PUBG
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) on Wednesday imposed a temporary ban on an online game, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) after three boys committed suicide in Lahore in June due to it.
A statement issued by the PTA said that it has received numerous complaints against PUBG wherein it is stated that the game “is addictive, wastage of time and poses a serious negative impact on the physical and psychological health of the Children".
The regulatory body further said that the decision has been taken on complaints lodged by citizens and media reports about cases of “suicide attributed to PUBG game".
"Honorable Lahore High court has also directed PTA to look into the issue and decide the matter after hearing the complainants. In this regard, a hearing is being conducted on the 9th of July 2020," it added.
"The Authority also decided to solicit views of the public with reference to the said online game. In this regard public is encouraged to provide feedback through email@example.com by July 10, 2020," the statement read further.
In the month of June, three boys had committed suicide after they were barred from playing the violent game by their parents.
Punjab Police had also decided to write to the PTA and Federal Investigation Agency for a ban on the online game due to its negative impact on youth.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020