President Mamnoon stresses collective efforts to strengthen democracy
"It is now the responsibility of each individual, class and institution to earnestly contribute towards reinforcing this positive trend," Mamnoon Hussain maintained.
He also warned against the repetition of the various political mistakes that the country had made during its history.
The President said that obstinacy and personal differences should not override the national interest and reminded everyone of the Quaid's words that neither the opposition and nor any other group had the right to unlawfully impose its will on the elected government.
The President, while congratulating the Parliamentarians on the successful completion of the third parliamentary year, said the political progression during the last three years was testimony to the strength of the system, which could now face crises successfully.
"This is a great leap forward towards political maturity for which the parliament, political parties and Pakistani nation deserve commendation," he added.
- PM Shehbaz orders to link Thar Coal Mines with railway network by ...11:54 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Are Maya Ali and Bilal Ashraf dating?11:28 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf and Shahroz Sabzwari's psycho-thriller gets shelved10:58 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- ADB announces $2.3 to 2.5 billion in flood relief support for Pakistan09:50 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas hugs emotional fan during meetup08:32 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider opens up about comparison with Ranveer Singh09:21 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022