Farogh Naseem again resigns from Ministry of Law And Justice
ISLAMABAD - Federal Law Minister Farogh Naseem on Monday once again resigned from his position in order to represent the government in a Supreme Court case.
According to the law, a sitting minister cannot appear in court as a lawyer, as their licence is canceled during their tenure.
The minister has to represent the government in the Justice Qazi Faez Isa presidential reference case. The court reminded him of this rule and said he must resign if he wants to represent the government.
وفاقی وزیر قانون بیرسٹر فروغ نسیم نے سپریم کورٹ میں اہم کیس میں وفاق کی نمائندگی کرنے کے لئے ایک بار پھر وزارت سے استعفی دے دیا— Arshad Waheed Ch (@arshad_Geo) June 1, 2020
This is not the first time Naseem has resigned to fight a case for the government. He last did so in November 2019 to represent the government in the chief of army staff extension case.
Attorney General Khalid Javed Khan could have represented the government but he had earlier said he would not.
In the last hearing of the case Justice Isa, a Supreme Court judge, asked for the court to include details of remarks made by then-attorney general Anwar Mansoor Khan and his subsequent removal from the post.
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020