Pakistani tribal leaders arrive in Afghanistan for ongoing talks with TTP leaders
KABUL – Pakistani tribal elders have arrived in the Afghan capital as peace efforts between the Pakistani government and the banned terror outfit TTP are underway.
A total of 53 elders from different parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa arrived in Kabul on Wednesday morning to mediate negotiations amid the recent ceasefire.
Some reports suggest that TTP demanded the Pakistani government to reverse the FATA merger. A two-page letter handed over to tribal members in Kabul said the merger is a major point of deadlock in recent ongoing negotiations between two sides.
No Pakistani official has commented on the demands by TTP members till the filing of this report.
Former governor of the northwestern region, Shaukatullah Khan, is part of the visiting members, called mediations significant in wake of tribal traditions that are respected by all men.
The development comes a week after another group from South Waziristan mediated between the two sides.
Earlier, Pakistani officials and members of the banned outfit expressed reservations over certain demands however they decided to extend the current ceasefire for an indefinite period.
Mufti Ghofran, Commander Zarar, and Omar Khalid Khorasani are representing the banned outfit while the Pakistani delegation comprises senior officials.
Pakistan, TTP agree to indefinite ceasefire as ... 01:00 PM | 31 May, 2022
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan government and banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has agreed to extend ceasefire for ...
A report of the United Nations claimed that TTP benefitted most from the Afghan Taliban’s ascent to power in war-torn Afghanistan.
UN highlights TTP threat to Pakistan in latest ... 02:58 PM | 29 May, 2022
NEW YORK – A new United Nations report has once again highlighted the threat posed by the Afghanistan-based ...
- COAS Bajwa discusses regional security with UN military adviser11:49 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: England beat Pakistan by 67 runs to win T20I series11:15 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...10:24 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider's 'Main Hoon Shahruh Khan' receives praise09:46 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022