Cryptocurrencies are killing people, says world's second richest man
Gates alluded to the way digital currencies like Bitcoin are used to buy drugs like synthetic opioid fentanyl.
“The main feature of cryptocurrencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing,” Bill Gates said.
“Right now cryptocurrencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and cryptocurrencies is super risky for those who go long.”
Bill Gates was answering one user who asked for his opinion on cryptocurrencies. However, another user was direct in expressing his disagreement to Gates.
- Pakistan Army inducts new air defence system11:55 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- ‘Biggest’ event of Pakistan’s history planned for 12th of ...11:23 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan's son to stay in jail till Oct 20 as Mumbai court ...11:15 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- Security forces kill wanted terrorist in North Waziristan operation10:52 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup update: PCB cancels scenario match, declares players ...10:33 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- 'Aik Hai Nigar' – ISPR’s telefilm featuring Mahira Khan to ...08:16 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- Ajay Devgn shares heartwarming story about Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan06:04 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- Imran Ashraf aka 'Bhola' showcases his versatility in recent viral ...05:30 PM | 14 Oct, 2021