New touchscreen promises to end era of charging phones daily
The new touchscreen requires very little power to illuminate, with vivid colours and high visibility in direct sunlight.
The team is already in talks with some big players in consumer electronics to see if their new material can replace current LCD touchscreens over the next few years, sciencealert.com reported.
Developed by Bodie Technologies, a University of Oxford spin-off company, the new technology could spare the consumers the pains of charging their smartphones daily.
"We can create an entire new market. You have to charge smartwatches every night, which is slowing adoption.
But if you had a smartwatch or smart glass that didn't need much power, you could recharge it just once a week," one of the researchers, Peiman Hosseini, was quoted as saying by The Telegraph.
Last year, the researchers published a paper describing how a rigid or flexible display can be formed from microscopic 'stacks' of a material called GST and electrode layers.
- Soldier martyred in gun battle with terrorists in North Waziristan09:24 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Over one million Muslims move to Mina to perform rituals of Hajj 202209:10 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:33 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 07 July 202208:13 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022