This Malyalam model is breaking the stereotype about breastfeeding in a magazine covershoot
In the subcontinent, the act of breastfeeding is considered to be an extremely private affair, and is seen as vile and shameful if done in public, Gila Joseph is challenging the patriarchal lines of social norms.
"I am extremely proud of my body and only I exercise rights over it. I only do things that I think is right for me, which is why I had no qualms in taking up this project," said Gila in an interview to IE Malayalam.
"It is a problem to interpret this sexually. Isn’t it a beautiful thing, friends? Why do you think it is wrong? Which god will be angry if you feed your child," Gila continued.
Her decision was not supported by her conservative Christian family, but Gila is proud of her act, "Whatever criticism this picture elicits, I will celebrate happily, as it is for all the mothers who want to breastfeed openly."
Here is the full picture.
- Aima Baig pens heartfelt note on her father's birthday12:11 AM | 7 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves fall below $8 billion11:16 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir and Farhan Saeed gear up for another project08:57 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022