Coronavirus: Pakistan to close Chaman border with Afghanistan on Monday
Islamabad: Pakistan has decided to close Chaman border with Afghanistan for one week starting from March 2 amid fears of Coronavirus outbreak.
According to Balochistan government, the decision has been taken to prevent the further spread of Coronavirus in the country. Afghanistan has confirmed three cases of the new virus after which authorities in Pakistan started taking strict measures.
Amid precautionary measures in tribal districts, the government has established an isolation ward at DHQ Parachanar. Medical staff has been placed at Bab-e-Dosti for the screening of the people.
At Torkham border, a medical checkpoint has also been set up for the screening of those who are coming from Afghanistan.
Pakistan government has confirmed four cases of the virus - two in Sindh and two in Islamabad - so far.
- Maryam Nawaz appears before IHC in Avenfield reference today11:44 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran lauds Turkish President for raising his voice in support of ...11:14 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Middle schools reopen in Federal Capital, Punjab, KP & Balochistan ...10:45 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- President Arif Alvi approves Pakistan Medical Commission Bill 202008:53 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020