UN acknowledges services of Pakistani Peacekeepers in Congo
NEW YORK - The United Nations (UN) has hailed and acknowledged the rescue services of Pakistani Peacekeepers in Congo.
In a tweet, a UN spokesperson said that Pakistani peacekeepers helped and saved hundreds of lives during deadly floods in Congo.
Pakistan is among the top contributors to @UNPeacekeeping— UN Spokesperson (@UN_Spokesperson) April 30, 2020
Watch how Pakistani peacekeepers from @MONUSCO helped save hundreds of lives during the deadly floods in the #DRCongo pic.twitter.com/UeAAZEnA63
The world body spokesperson said that Pakistan is amongst the top contributors to the UN Peacekeeping.
On April 27, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said that “Pakistani Peacekeepers rescued more than 2000 people stranded due to heavy floods in Uvira region in Democratic Republic of CONGO (DRC). Torrential floods erupted in Uvira region starting last week. Rains and flooding damaged thousands of houses affecting 75,000 people,”
Pakistani Blue Helmets, part of UN Mission in Congo (MONUSCO) immediately rushed to the affected areas for rescue and relief of local populace. Rescue parties were immediately dispatched with paramedics and rescue equipment to different locations. (2/4)— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) April 26, 2020
The ISPR said that Pakistani blue helmets, who are part of the UN rushed to the affected area and “built a stone embankment to check flood water, which was strong enough to shift people and vehicles from the affected area”.
Pakistan has more than 4,000 blue helmets serving under the UN for maintaining peace and stability across the world.
- Latest pics of Nawaz Sharif, having coffee in London, take Twitter by ...09:57 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Pakistan makes face masks mandatory amid record daily deaths from ...09:07 PM | 30 May, 2020
- PAF officer, who died in PIA plane crash, laid to rest in Karachi08:19 PM | 30 May, 2020
- First Covid-19 death reported among KP nurses07:20 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020