Pakistan's Mahmood Lodhi wins Asian Chess Championship in Tehran
Lodhi won the final game by eight points.
As a result of the victory, Lodhi now moves closure to the coveted Grand Master title, which will be confirmed after the matter is decided by the World Chess Federation (FIDE).
It is also pertinent to be mentioned here that Mahmood Lodhi has been winning the Pakistan Chess Championship for last five years consecutively.
- Pakistan dispatches free medicines worth Rs25mn to Afghanistan12:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021