Watch: Babar Azam stitches Ghilaf-e-Kaaba in Saudi Arabia
MAKKAH – Pakistan skipper Babar Azam got an opportunity to join the team of craftsmen who do embroidery work on Kiswa – the black cloth that covers Kabaa, the holiest place for Muslims.
Babar Azam won the honour during his visit to Saudi Arab to perform Umrah. He shared a video on Instagram showing him doing needlework using gold thread on Ghilaf-e-Kaaba.
“Kiswah - The blessed Ghilaafe Ka’aba! Grateful to Allah SWT for this great honour & opportunity. In sha Allah, this will be part of Next Kiswah on the beloved Ka’aba Shareef,” he captioned the post.
View this post on Instagram
Kiswa draped annually on the 9th day of the Islamic month of Zul Haj ever year, the day pilgrims leave for the plains of Mount Arafat during the Hajj.
The embroidery is said to contain 15 kg of gold threads. It consists of 47 pieces of cloth and each piece is 14m long and 101 cm wide.
Babar Azam shares beautiful photo from Madinah 12:42 PM | 25 Apr, 2022
LAHORE – Pakistani skipper Babar Azam, who is currently in Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah, shared an adorable ...
- Pakistan likely to hike gas tariff after withdrawing petroleum ...11:59 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Pakistani delegation leaves for India for talks on water disputes11:16 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Over 1,500 candidates elected unopposed as polling underway for ...08:57 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:33 AM | 29 May, 2022
- Watch – Saba Qamar loses her cool at press conference09:36 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan gets clean chit in drugs case07:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Ghana Ali expresses her resentment towards Maryam Nawaz09:12 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022