India contacts Pakistan to stop further escalations at LoC: report
The News reported that a credible and highly influential diplomatic source revealed to the latter that a top aide of Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday contacted a key man in Islamabad to convey to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif that India does not want to further escalate the tension now.
Proving Pakistan's version that the LoC violations by India on Wednesday late night were meant for local consumption and to cool down tempers in India, the statement comes after India claimed it carried out surgical strikes against Pakistan.
Pakistan from the beginning has categorically repudiated the Indian claim and insisted that it was cross-border fire initiated by India but effectively responded to by the Pakistan military.
Washington is also said to have played an important role in communicating to warmongering India to avoid getting into a military conflict with Pakistan.
- Top US officials meet COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in Afghan ...06:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- OPPO F19 Pro to launch soon – Here is a sneak peek of what is yet ...06:22 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- PDM jointly nominates Yousaf Raza Gillani for Senate chairman race06:10 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi shares his thoughts on International Women's Day05:44 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Virat Kohli wishes Women's Day to wife Anushka Sharma, daughter ...03:20 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reveal gender of their second child in ...04:30 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- #IWD2021 – Mukhtaran Mai announces to join Aurat March in Multan ...03:00 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021