PM Imran Khan set to visit China in October
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan will go to China on three-day official visit and will thank the Chinese leadership for their unwavering support for occupied Kashmir before the international community.
Beijing has backed Pakistan over the Kashmir issue, with its Foreign Minister Wang Yi saying, “No actions that would unilaterally change the status quo should be taken. As a neighbour of both India and Pakistan , China hopes to see the dispute effectively managed and stability restored to the relationship between the two sides.”
“The Kashmir issue, a dispute left from the past, should be peacefully and properly addressed in accordance with the UN Charter, Security Council resolutions and bilateral agreement,” he said at the United Nations General Assembly session last week.
The premier, media reports said, would take Chinese leadership into confidence on various projects including China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and would also sign many other projects during his official visit.
The reports added PM Khan would go to China next week and the ministry of foreign affairs started preparation for his visit. During his visit to China , PM Khan and Chinese leadership would also discuss regional issues and the matters to promote bilateral relations.
During the visit, PM Khan will also attend the China-Pakistan Business Forum in Beijing on October 8, according to the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade. However, the exact date of the visit has not yet been confirmed.
China-Pakistan Business Forum is being jointly organised by China Council for the Promotion of International Trade and Pakistan Embassy in Beijing . The forum aims to promote economic and trade exchanges and practical cooperation between the two sides.
In April 2019, he visited Beijing to participate in the Second Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019