Pakistan to establish Chitral Economic Zone
PESHAWAR – In a bid to uplift the remote region, the provincial government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) government has decided to set up an economic zone in Chitral.
According to details, the commercial launching of the ‘Chitral Economic Zone’ covering over 140 acres will be available by the end of next month.
The decision was taken during a meeting (Tuesday) on a three-year industrial roadmap which was chaired by KP Chief Minister Mahmood Khan.
The CM was briefed that the master plan for the 89 acres Ghazi Economic Zone has been completed which will be ready for a commercial launch in December this year.
It was further said that a tender had been floated for the establishment of 3,125 acres of the Daraban Economic Zone, situated just two kilometres from the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) route, which would be the largest economic zone of the province with an expected investment of Rs56 billion, with over five million direct and indirect employment opportunities.
- Pakistan condemns assassination of top Iranian scientist Mohsen ...10:58 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Stop India from blinding, maiming Kashmiris, Pakistan to the world10:40 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- 'Ginnah': Pics of alcoholic drink named after Pakistan founder take ...10:10 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan observes Youm-e-Dua tomorrow for protection against COVID-1909:52 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Pakistani channels issued notices for airing Ishaq Dar’s ...09:25 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Maya Ali ‘blessed’ to work with Shoaib Mansoor08:09 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's HOME1947 wins Best Film Award07:06 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Nobel laureate Malala joins TikTok for a noble cause02:52 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020