NDMA chief calls for coordinated efforts to address issues of Karachi
ISLAMABAD - Chairman National Disaster Management Authority Lieutenant General Muhammad Afzal says long-term coordinated efforts are needed to resolve the issues of Karachi.
Addressing media briefing in Islamabad on Sunday, he said our top priority is to focus on managing previous loss and disaster mitigation during coming spree of rains.
The Chairman said three spells of rains have been forecasted during this month and NDMA has started work in this regard in coordination with provincial government.
He said Frontier Works Organization has been tasked to work in major areas of the city to manage the current situation.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020