Punjab announces to end strict lockdown imposed during Eid
LAHORE - Punjab government has announced to end strict lockdown imposed in late July to curb spread of coronavirus during Eidul Azha.
A smart lockdown will replace the strict restriction. The decision was taken after encouraging results of samples taken from cattle markets set up temporarily for Eid.
Earlier, the government had announced a strict lockdown till August 5, closing all markets, but it has been revised to decline in Covid-19 cases.
A notification issued by the government, inter-city transport can operate 24 hours while grocery stores, milk shops and tandoors can open from 9am to 7pm.
Education institutions, marriage halls, restaurants will remain closed while hotels and restaurants will be allowed to run takeaway and delivery services.
There will be a complete ban on all kinds of religious and political gatherings.
The government however allowed a rally to express solidarity with Kashmiri people on August 5.
The smart lockdown will be effective till August 17.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020