Pakistan to introduce Radio Schools, E-Taleem Portal in next month, says minister
ISLAMABAD - Minister for Federal Education and Professional Training Shafqat Mahmood Friday said the government has all set to introduce Radio Schools and E-Taleem Portal in the next month.
He expressed these views while talking to a delegation of Insaf Students Federation (ISF) which met him at his office to discuss the education-related issues.
Shafqat Mahmood informed the delegation that the education ministry was making efforts on an urgent basis to provide access to students to internet facility with an increase in speed.
A committee, in that regard, had been established under the chairmanship of Additional Secretary Education Mohiuddin Ahmadwani, he added.
The minister said that around eight million students were taking benefit from the Teleschool project. He said the pandemic has severely affected all the sectors of life; however, all-out efforts would be made to continue the educational activities at any cost.
The students, he said, were being promoted in next classes as per the decision of the National Coordination Committee (NCC). The directions had also been issued to the federal board in that regard, he said.
He informed that the results of Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Intermediate would be announced in the first and third week of July respectively.
The provinces, he said, would also make their announcements in the light of NCC decision and there was no ambiguity in that regard.
The ISF delegation requested the education minister that online lectures should be uploaded on YouTube so that such areas having lack of internet facility on an urgent basis, could take the benefit from it. Shafqat Mahmood agreed upon the suggestion and directed the officials concerned to take necessary measures to ensure the provision of the facility.
- PM Imran to visit Diamer Basha dam project next week11:25 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran warns of Srebrenica like massacre in IOJ&K similar to as ...10:55 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The World's Premier Schools & Societies ...10:08 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- 10 new COVID-19 rapid response units inaugurated through Pakistan-US ...09:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 247,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,157 confirmed ...09:03 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Aisha Uqbah Malik pens a heartwarming birthday wish for husband04:27 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi criticises Muslims encouraging conversion of other ...03:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Feroze Khan celebrates his 30th birthday03:10 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020