Punjab records highest single-day COVID-19 deaths on December 1
LAHORE – At least 45 people have died due to the virus in Punjab in merely a single day across the province since the second Covid-19 wave hit the country, the authorities confirmed on Tuesday.
The province also witnessed a surge in the number of new Covid inflictions and as many as 543 more persons were ascertained coronavirus positive by the Punjab Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department (P&SHD).
The health department’s spokesperson, while talking media, warned that the death ratio was too much high and the people must understand the deadly risk posed by Covid-19 and undertake precautionary measures.
A total of 219 new patients have confirmed Lahore only in a day despite the implementation of micro lockdowns in various parts of the city.
Likewise, new patients were reported in various other districts including Multan, Rawalpindi and Faisalabad.
Official sources stated that overall 1,995,667 persons were tested for the virus out of which 119,578 were tested positive.
- WATCH – Woman accusing Babar Azam of sexual abuse says video of her ...11:08 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Punjab CM Buzdar lays foundation stone of Sheikhupura-Gujranwala road10:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- US threatens India with sanctions over purchase of Russian S-400 air ...10:39 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- India spreading sectarian violence to destabilize Pakistan, says FM ...09:51 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021