Kalabagh or Bhasha? WAPDA explains which dam is cheapest to build
LAHORE - Water and Power Development Authority (Wapda) Chairman Zafar Mahmood has said that the construction of Kalabagh dam is cheaper and would only cost the half the amount of Bhasha Dam.
He said that the construction of Kalabagh dam could be beneficial to the all provinces.
While talking to the private TV channel, Mahmood said that instead of criticizing him, MNA Nafeesa Shah should read his writings and also impart them to Bilawal Bhutto. "Perhaps this can clarify their misunderstandings," he added.
MNA Nafisa Shah raised objection over Wapda chairman Zafar Mehmud for writing articles on the controversial Kalabagh Dam project.
PPP’s Nafisa Shah stated that “It is regretful that Wapda chairman is writing articles in favour of construction of controversial Kalabagh Dam,” she said and added that three provincial assemblies had adopted resolutions against the construction”. “You are a public servant and sitting chairman and therefore cannot write on the controversial issue, Nafisa added.
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- No Pakistani residing in China affected by coronavirus, says top envoy06:39 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan students in China demand government to evacuate them at once05:54 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Woman killed, five injured after being hit by US Embassy vehicle05:45 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019