Kalabagh or Bhasha? WAPDA explains which dam is cheapest to build
LAHORE - Water and Power Development Authority (Wapda) Chairman Zafar Mahmood has said that the construction of Kalabagh dam is cheaper and would only cost the half the amount of Bhasha Dam.
He said that the construction of Kalabagh dam could be beneficial to the all provinces.
While talking to the private TV channel, Mahmood said that instead of criticizing him, MNA Nafeesa Shah should read his writings and also impart them to Bilawal Bhutto. "Perhaps this can clarify their misunderstandings," he added.
MNA Nafisa Shah raised objection over Wapda chairman Zafar Mehmud for writing articles on the controversial Kalabagh Dam project.
PPP’s Nafisa Shah stated that “It is regretful that Wapda chairman is writing articles in favour of construction of controversial Kalabagh Dam,” she said and added that three provincial assemblies had adopted resolutions against the construction”. “You are a public servant and sitting chairman and therefore cannot write on the controversial issue, Nafisa added.
- Protests against Modi govt spread across India against discriminatory ...11:55 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PIC’s emergency ward reopened, while OPD, indoor services remain ...11:09 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan urges all Muslim countries devise joint strategy to stop ...10:39 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- UN terms India’s new citizenship law as 'discriminatory' against ...09:19 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019