Pakistan to establish Climate Change Authority, Senate told
Minister for Climate Change Zahid Hamid told the House during question hour that the Pakistan Climate Change Act would be passed for this purpose.
He said that the government was taking short, medium and long-term measures to meet the challenge of climate change, adding that it had prepared a national forest policy in coordination with the provinces in order to increase forested area the country.
He added that the government had also launched the Green Pakistan Project to enhance forestation.
During question hour, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Shaikh Aftab Ahmad said that 82 percent of the work on the new Islamabad International Airport had been completed and was expected to be functional by the end of the year.
Minister of State for Information Technology and Telecommunications Anusha Rahman Khan said that 500 tele-centers would be set to provide quality e-services in health, education and agriculture to facilitate people in under-served areas of the country.
- Live Open Market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:03 AM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Plot twist in Babar Azam case as Hamiza says "never had any ...01:39 AM | 15 Jan, 2021
- A Bullet Train Alongside Motorway From Peshawar to Karachi? What is ...12:00 AM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro with ANC, improved audio & call ...11:44 PM | 14 Jan, 2021
- NA committee summons NAB chief over hefty payment to Broadsheet11:33 PM | 14 Jan, 2021
- Friends stars Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox team up for COVID-19 ...07:43 PM | 14 Jan, 2021
- Mira Sethi pens a heartfelt note on 34th birthday04:43 PM | 14 Jan, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai opens up about her New Year resolution02:51 PM | 14 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021