Telenor gets 850MHZ spectrum licence
Telenor was the only bidder for the spectrum auction, ‘Next Generation Mobile Services (NGMS), and as per the rules defined for the auction, the company’s documents were found to be correct and complete.
Telenor runs its 3G services on 5-MHZ block and a 2,100-MHZ band. The new licence would allocate it another 10-MHZ block on 850-MHZ band.
“In case where the auction is not required due to no-excess demand, the applicant that submits a pre-bid offer, supported by a correct pre-bid deposit, is awarded the amount of spectrum stated in their pre-bid deposit form,” stated the PTA in the information Memorandum for the award of the 850MHZ spectrum: the Next Generation Mobile Services (NGMS) Award.
The PTA has yet to disclose the bid price for the spectrum.
The authority had set a base price for the auction at $395 million, 34% higher than the one set at $295 million for the previous successful spectrum auction held in 2014.
PTA had two leftover spectrums licences of different frequencies for NGMS.
- Pakistan among top 10 worst-affected countries on Global Terrorism ...12:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- China becomes world's second nation to plant flag on Moon11:37 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Rahim Pardesi introduces both his wives to the world for the first ...10:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- ‘Kiss of death’: COVID-19 positive officer takes revenge on KMC ...10:17 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- realme and Daraz gear up for another Sale Daraz 12 1209:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020