Palestinian nurse shot dead in Israeli sniper shooting near Gaza fence
Her death has brought the total death toll to 119 since the protests were launched on March 30.
What exacerbates the situation is the fact that it is a settled principle of international law that medical staff shall not be harmed in the event of armed conflict or civil unrest.
The fundamental principle regarding medical personnel is set in the Geneva Conventions, 1949, and guarantees a specially protected status to medical staff, meaning that they must be respected and protected at all times and in all circumstances - even during war.
Imperatively, it has been reported that Al-Najar was wearing her white nurse coat when she was targeted, ruling out the possibility of the incident, being an accident.
The Israeli forces have unleashed a fresh spasm of violence in the restive region and on a daily basis it is reported and broadcast that the Palestinians are subjected to violence.
- Huawei executive freed by Canada arrives home in China12:40 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- National T20 Cup, Match 8: Central Punjab beat Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by ...12:14 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Video leak scandal ‘involving’ PML-N leader Muhammad Zubair hits ...11:25 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran underscores importance of making Karachi Coastal Development ...10:55 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Kabul airport ready for international flights, Taliban tell world08:39 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Mashal Khan breaks silence on receiving acid attack threats01:35 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Atif Aslam, Mahira Khan’s much-awaited music video released01:00 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Air ambulance for ailing Umer Sharif to reach Karachi tomorrow07:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2021