Palestinian nurse shot dead in Israeli sniper shooting near Gaza fence
Her death has brought the total death toll to 119 since the protests were launched on March 30.
What exacerbates the situation is the fact that it is a settled principle of international law that medical staff shall not be harmed in the event of armed conflict or civil unrest.
The fundamental principle regarding medical personnel is set in the Geneva Conventions, 1949, and guarantees a specially protected status to medical staff, meaning that they must be respected and protected at all times and in all circumstances - even during war.
Imperatively, it has been reported that Al-Najar was wearing her white nurse coat when she was targeted, ruling out the possibility of the incident, being an accident.
The Israeli forces have unleashed a fresh spasm of violence in the restive region and on a daily basis it is reported and broadcast that the Palestinians are subjected to violence.
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?09:58 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Youm-e-Istehsal: Pakistanis, Kashmiris observe black day to condemn ...09:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Punjab makes Covid vaccination mandatory for school teachers, staff09:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- US military tests AI software that can predict events, enemy’s ...08:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021