Sindh minister dies from coronavirus as toll reaches 1,644
KARACHI – Sindh Minister for Human Settlement Ghulam Murtaza Baloch on Tuesday lost his life to novel coronavirus as number of total cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 77,837.
Sindh government spokesperson Senator Murtaza Wahab confirmed the death of the PPP leader on Twitter.
Haji Ghulam Murtaza Baloch, our colleague in #Sindh Cabinet has passed away today. He was suffering from #COVIDー19. He was a genuine political worker & a very polite and humble human being. May Allah SWT bless his soul.— SenatorMurtaza Wahab (@murtazawahab1) June 2, 2020
On May 14, the minister had been diagnosed with the infection later he was placed on ventilator at a private hospital after health condition deteriorated.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has expressed deep grief over the demise of his minister.
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 77,837, according to government data till Tuesday afternoon.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 1,644, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 28,058 patients have fully recovered.
Punjab has reported highest number of deaths, a total of 540, while Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa follow with 526 and 482 fatalities respectively. Balochistan has recorded 49 deaths; Islamabad, 30; Gilgit Baltistan, 11; and Azad Kashmir, 6.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- Pakistan minister tells reason behind reduction in coronavirus cases07:19 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- K-Electric to face NAB inquiry over loadshedding, flouting agreement06:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Army chief offers help to Italy in fight against COVID-1906:32 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020