COAS visits field training area near Kotli; briefed on Taskheer-e-Jabal exercise
RAWALPINDI – General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS), visited field training area near Kotli on Wednesday.
COAS was briefed about conduct modalities of a Corps level exercise ‘Taskheer-e-Jabal’. The exercise is aimed at enhancing operational preparedness of formations, encompassing defensive and offensive tasks during various contingencies within an operational cycle.
The troops and units participating in exercise will rehearse various defensive and offensive manoeuvres in the mountainous terrain.
Appreciating dedication and professionalism of participating troops, COAS expressed satisfaction over combat readiness of the formation.
Rigorous training and continued practice of operational drills are imperative for effective response to wide ranging threats, he emphasized.
Earlier, on arrival, COAS was received by Corps Commander, Lieutenant General Azhar Abbas.
COAS Bajwa hails Qatar’s support to Pakistan 07:23 PM | 2 Jun, 2021
RAWALPINDI - Sheikh Ali Bin Abdullah Thani J. Al Thani, Chairman of Pakistan-Qatar Takaful Insurance Company & ...
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan cuts steel for fourth MILGEM-Class corvette ship (VIDEO)07:37 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- realme conducts first-ever Global Launch Event to unveil realme GT & ...07:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan win silver at Asian Taekwondo Poomsae Championship06:57 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021