China bans civil servants from working at tourist spots
The Communist Party issued the warning to officials, as part of a drive to crack down on corruption and official extravagance.
The Great Wall of China and the beach resort of Sanya are on the list.
Holding occasional meetings at beautiful locations has traditionally been seen as a perk by civil servants.
The Communist Party's Central Commission for Discipline Inspection said bureaucrats would now have to pay for trips themselves and travel in their own time.
It posted pictures of the 21 no-go zones under the headline "don't go to these famous scenic sites for meetings, got it?"
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021