Int'l Day to End Impunity against Journalists being observed across the world today
LAHORE - International Day to End Impunity Against Journalists is being observed today (Saturday).
In a statement, the UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has warned that without journalists able to do their jobs in safety we face the prospect of a world of confusion and disinformation.
He said when journalists are targeted, societies as a whole pay a price as without the ability to protect journalists our ability to remain informed and contribute to decision-making is severely hampered, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Meanwhile, UNESCO underscores risks that journalists face, showing that almost 90 per cent of those found responsible for the deaths of more than 1,100 of them, between 2006 and 2018, have not been convicted.
- 10 patients die as lawyers’ protest intensifies at Lahore's Punjab ...01:37 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- IHC approves bail of Asif Ali Zardari on medical grounds12:50 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Meesha Shafi records her statement in harassment case12:39 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019