Munir Akram replaces Dr Maleeha Lodhi as Pakistan’s envoy to UN
NEW YORK - Munir Akram replaces outgoing ambassador Dr Maleeha Lodhi and took charge as Pakistan's permanent representative to the United Nations (UN) on Saturday.
Akram would be stationed at the UN's New York headquarters, had also previously served at the same post from 2002 to 2008.
He specialises in multilateral diplomacy with considerable experience over the years at the UN's New York and Geneva chapters.
Akram studied at Karachi University and graduated with a Masters degree in Political Science and a Bachelors in Law.
He has played a leading role on other important issues on the UN’s regular and reform agenda and had served the nation by defending and protecting Pakistan’s vital interests.
Earlier, Dr Maleeha Lodhi served as Pakistan's envoy to the UN from 2015 to 2019. She has completed her term as Pakistan’s ambassador to the United Nations on a ‘high note’. She was Pakistan’s first female permanent representative at the UN.
- FM Qureshi says Global fight against Covid-19 requires multi-national ...10:52 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Punjab Govt decides to waive off taxes amounting to Rs 18 billion10:17 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Another special plane carrying second lot of medical supplies from ...09:03 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 12 deaths; Coronavirus cases jump to 1,50011:59 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- COVID-19: Punjab announces Rs10 billion relief package for ...11:49 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019