Land acquired for Pakistan’s Diamer Basha Dam
ISLAMABAD – The government has acquired around 32,139 acres of land, out of total 37,419 acres land required for the construction of Diamer Basha Dam.
Almost 86 per cent land for the mega project has been acquired so far and construction work on resettlement of model village at Harpan Das is in progress.
Diamer Basha Dam will provide water for agriculture, mitigate floods and low-cost hydel electricity for economic development in the country.
The project has a gross water storage capacity of 8.1million acre feet and power generation capacity of 4500 megawatt.
- Pakistan face West Indies in 1st T20I on Wednesday; check out full ...07:47 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani soldiers on AJK elections duty die as vehicle plunges into ...07:18 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- AJK Elections 2021: Polling ends, vote count underway05:33 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali’s new dance video goes viral02:14 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- IN PICS: Hania Aamir steals the limelight at Aima Baig’s engagement12:15 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021